Friday, April 24, 2009

Combination

So I am combining my obsession confession with a green tip.


Books
I have a huge problem. Every time I go to a thrift store I get books for my kids. Every time I go to a yard sale I find books for me. We have books in every room of the house including the bathroom! But you have to admit as obsessions go this isn't really bad (except that we live in a small house). I would say I am usually into two or three books at a time. I just finished, The secret life of CeeCee Wilkes (for book club), am reading, I was a great mom before I had kids and a few issues of The Professional Photographer . I am usually reading a self help book, a novel, and a parenting or photography book. I have also passed this down to my kids. Zoe has a huge collection of her own books and so do the boys and they can't even read. But in today's society I would much rather have too many books than too many video games. Zoe is also reading a few books at a time. She is almost finished with Alice in Wonderland (original not Disney), High School Musical 3 (which is different than the movie), and a chapter book from school. Zach just sticks to the board books still and Lucas is just starting on the cloth ones.
The best green tip for books is to buy used. They are always for sale at thrift stores and yard sales and usually for less than a buck for kids books and only a few dollars for adults.
So in honor of Earth Day this week turn off your electronics and light some candles and read a good book, or two, or three :)

No comments:

Post a Comment