Tuesday, April 7, 2009

50 Things to Know

So I found this check list here and thought it would be fun to see how many I know. It's in honor of my 50th post just a few posts late :)

While not totally comprehensive, here is a list of 50 things everyone should know how to do.
1. Build a Fire – Check (with matches or some lighting things for sure)
2. Operate a Computer –Check
3. Use Google Effectively – Check (how do you think I found this)
4. Perform CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver – Check (it's required to work in childcare)
5. Drive a Manual Transmission Vehicle – I learned how to drive on a manual
6. Do Basic Cooking – Check
7. Tell a Story that Captivates People’s Attention – I think so
8. Win or Avoid a Fistfight – Run away, run away
9. Deliver Bad News – Check, sadly Kermit has left us
10. Change a Tire – Check but not as good as my hubby
11. Handle a Job Interview – Check
12. Manage Time – Check
13. Speed Read – Check
14. Remember Names – Okay I admit I am not good at this any more
15. Relocate Living Spaces – I am awesome at this I have moved more times than I have had birthdays but I am getting rusty we have been here for almost three years
16. Travel Light – Okay my hubby would disagree but I can do this if I have to
17. Handle the Police – I don't know I haven't had to handle them
18. Give Driving Directions – Check
19. Perform Basic First Aid – Check
20. Swim – Check
21. Parallel Park – Check but I hate it
22. Recognize Personal Alcohol Limits – Check (I don't really drink)
23. Select Good Produce – Check on most produce
24. Handle a Hammer, Axe or Handsaw – Check but not an axe
25. Make a Simple Budget – Simple lol CHECK
26. Speak at Least Two Common Languages – If ASL is considered common check
27. Do Push-Ups and Sit-Ups Properly – Check (just cause I know how doesn't mean I do them)
28. Give a Compliment – Check
29. Negotiate – Check
30. Listen Carefully to Others – Check
31. Recite Basic Geography – California on the west Florida and New York on the East Check
32. Paint a Room – Check
33. Make a Short, Informative Public Speech – Check
34. Smile for the Camera – People that absolutely refuse to smile for the camera suck!Check and this is so true
35. Flirt Without Looking Ridiculous – I think so
36. Take Useful Notes – Check
37. Be a Respectful House Guest – Check
38. Make a Good First Impression – Check
39. Navigate with a Map and Compass – Check
40. Sew a Button onto Clothing – Check
41. Hook Up a Basic Home Theater System – Yes I can but don't
42. Type – Check
43. Protect Personal Identity Information – Check
44. Implement Basic Computer Security Best Practices – Check
45. Detect a Lie – Check
46. End a Date Politely Without Making Promises – No I think that I was really bad at this
47. Remove a Stain – Yeah usually
48. Keep a Clean House – When I lived alone my house was spotless with three kids I call it clean if it's vacuumed and mopped
49. Hold a Baby – I don't know I have only had three
50. Jump Start a Car - I did it once with instruction but I am terrified to blow it up or get shocked.
48 out of 50
How many can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment