Thursday, November 21, 2013

Baking!!!

So it's actually cold enough I can bake and not die from heating up the house! 

First up was monkey bread.

This is a kid favorite, and so easy!
Canned biscuits cut up mixed with a cube of butter, and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar (white or brown or mixed).  Bake at 375 I stirred it when it started to brown to bake more evenly.  
MAKE SURE TO SPRAY PAN BEFORE OR IT WILL BE A MESSY CLEAN UP!

Then I tried a Pinterest idea.  

Jam filled crescent rolls with powered sugar icing.


Look goods.

This is what the pan looked like.


Lost a lot of jelly.  

But again simple.
Canned crescent rolls, lay out spread jam then roll up as usual.  Bake as can directs.  Scrap off pan then cool a few mins and add icing ( water and powered sugar).  Older kids loved them.  But messy!  I will try again with other stuff like cream cheese.

Today for lunch I wanted to make grilled cheese but didn't want to on stove so I tried a post from Pinterest again. 



 It said you can bake them by stacking a cookie sheet on top.  I sprayed inside of big pan laid out bread, cheese and bread and sprayed bottom or smaller pan.  Baked at 350 for like 10minutes.  Worked great insides melted out side crispy!   

I might try 400 next time as the hotter corner browned.

Tune in again to see what's up next.  Maybe pies for Thanks Giving or another fun desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment