Sunday, February 28, 2010

Yogurt price results and meal change

Well after I purchased all of the stuff I needed to make the yogurt I have a price breakdown.

Cost
Cream $2.29 x2 = 4.60
Milk $1.59/2 = .80
Yogurt $ 2.99/3 = $1

total 6.40

Makes 128 ounces = .05 an ounce for heavy fat yogurt
High fat yogurt purchased at health food store $1 for 4 ounces = .25 an ounce

So it's a pretty big savings for a semi simple thing. I think in the future the hardest thing will be the time it takes to be around to turn off and add things but I can always plan on doing it on nights I am home. And if I work it right I can start to make bread while I make the yogurt.


Also DH decided he wanted to make Carne Asada instead of Hamburgers so we are changing Wed to that and that means I need to stop at the Mexican market to get the meat and onions tomorrow.

I am really excited to know what we are having each night I think it will be relaxing around 5 to know what I am cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment