Saturday, July 2, 2011

Couponing


I have been couponing for awhile but got into in again hardcore a few months ago. Several people have been interested in it and so I am going to post when I have a good trip. Please know that I shop for my family of 5, my home daycare, my sister and Mom too. Most people do not need to buy the bulk that I buy. Also I have a stock pile so we don't purchase for a week or even a month I buy for 3 or more months since the same things aren't on sale every week/month.

Today I went shopping at Walgreens and Albertsons

It is the last day of Walgreens sale and Albertsons goes until Tues.

Another great thing to save on is all the free kid activities stores have!

We went to Home Depot and made coaster sets :) They have it the first Sat of the month!

Also we went to Micheal's they have a great summer program Tues, Thurs and Sat 11-1 they are doing a craft from a different country!




At Albertsons they have Coca-cola 12 packs on sale for 2.80 when you buy 5 I stacked with a $2 off 2 coupon and got 10 for under $2 each, Also Gatoraid is on sale for .50 cents each when you buy 10, bought 30 (we will be luck if it lasts the month), Also Tostitos on sale for 1.99 when you buy 3 mix and match. And the Dixie plates are on sale and I stacked with a coupon so they were less than $2 each. Adding it all together I saved over $80 :)



Walgreens: Pringles on sale for 4/$6 with a $2 RR I stacked with a $1 off 3 coupon getting them for .75 each, Twizzlers were on sale for 2/$3 with a $1 RR I stacked with a .50 off 1 getting them with .50 each, Gram Crackers and Chocolate are 2/$6 with free marshmallows when you buy both I stacked with $1 off 2 Crackers, $1 off 2 Chocolate and .20 cents off 2 Marshmallows
To use my RR I filled with 2/$1 Arizona tea/juice and found a clearance basket with some plastic plates which we need for our trailer, .29 activity books and crafts.



Now my rule of thumb is to try to save at least 50% and if it is a product we are trying it needs to be free or very, very cheap like under .50. Also I can toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss, body wash, deodorant and such for free saving us hundreds.

But I will say that to save the max you can't be brand picky but even if you are you can still save with a little time and effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment